The Superintendent shall ensure that all school-sponsored presentations and discussions of controversial issues or sensitive topics in the instructional program, including those made by guest speakers are:
● Age appropriate. Proper decorum, considering the students’ ages, should be followed.
● Consistent with the curriculum and serve an educational purpose.
● Informative and present a fair and balanced view.
● Respectful of the rights and opinions of everyone. Emotional criticisms and hurtful sarcasm should be avoided.
● Not tolerant of profanity or slander.
The District specifically reserves the right to stop any school-sponsored activity that it determines violates this policy, is harmful to the District or the students, or violates State or federal law.
CROSS REF.: 6:40, 6:255
ADOPTED: January 25, 2007
REVISED : December 21, 2017